Friday, August 1, 2014

Fresh Sewing Day

Where June had lots of smaller projects, July had zilch. There were the requisite bee blocks and a couple of charity blocks . . .

. . . and a tutorial! It's always a treat to add a new tutorial to the tab above, and last month it was for Big Batch HSTs. This method of making 18 HSTs at a time really pared down the time it took to make 150+ HSTs for my current Spiraled quilt, which is still a w.i.p. on the design wall.
HSTs 18 mosaic

Then there were 3 quilt finishes:
2¢ Stamp, which took a major sidetrack mid-construction, but I was really pleased with how it ended up, especially with the grid quilting echoing the patchwork squares.
2¢ Stamp Quilt

Rectangles In Rotation, my entry in the MQG Fabric Challenge.
Rectangles In Rotation

And version 2.0 of The Postcard Quilt became Duo, about 2 1/2 times larger than version 1.0.
DUO :: A Postcard Quilt
So that's what I managed to accomplish for July. I'm kind of struggling with the sew-jo heading into August, so hoping I feel it soon!

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. It's not about the number but the quality! And you always deliver on the quality of your projects Debbie! Love the postcards quilt most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you've been a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all lovely finishes! I went back to review mine & realized most are birthday gifts (not yet given) or quilts that are at the longarmer. no July review post from me I guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your HST tutorial! Since the project I am working on now needed 240 identical ones, it was extremely useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish and work outside the home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... You have made so much this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you wore your sewjo out in July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much good stuff!! I love how the stamp one turned out! And I can't wait to see the challenge one in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks to me like you got a lot done! Hope your next project is something you love, maybe your sewjo will burst out :)

    ReplyDelete