Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long: Q3 Finishes

The third quarter of the Finish-A-Long was a good mix of projects - one charity quilt, one for our home, and one that was a bit of a challenge. {Click on quilt names for their original posts.}

Top priority was FAITH Circle's June quilt, where we used SewCraftyJess' "Starburst Cross" block tutorial. I was thrilled at the "hot" blocks my bee-mates sent in!
They were stitched simply into rows to create Starcrossings.

My next project was dealing with the Modern Maple blocks made by That Stash Bee. My original goal with these was to have a Modern Maples quilt to use in our home by the time fall hit, and I started the Falling for Modern Maples flickr group to have some company. If you like this block as much as I do, check out the group for some great inspiration - and feel free to join. It's a no-pressure group of like-minded-maple-lovers.
On my couch right now is Anticipating Autumn. With the variety of block backgrounds, it was a logical jump to set them with a mix of solid and print squares. Not sure this block is out of my system quite yet.

The last finish for Q3 used the Slice and Insert blocks I made during Katie & Jacquie's class several months ago. At first I was considering a layout something like this . . .

But when it came right down to it, I opted to create a 'medallion' of sorts with wide, unequal borders. Meet Fissures.

What I didn't get to were the blocks my Always Bee Learning Bee bee-mates made with the Polaroid blocks collected during the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Swap. This one will go right on my Q4 list for sure.

Many thanks to Leanne/shecanquilt for all her work on the FAL! Be sure and check out all the amazing finishes for this quarter!

Linking up with Leanne/shecanquilt and the Finish-A-Long Q3 linkup.

14 comments:

  1. Three out of four is pretty darn awesome, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be amazed by the number of finishes (and quilts! not just littles!) you manage to churn out in a few months. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your September sure was a busy time! Starcrossings is just gorgeous! All of your projects are amazing. Congrats on all your finishes, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great projects here! I especially love those maple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes Debbie - love the geometric quilting on your Fissures quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all three finishes - Nothing wrong with rolling those others over! I especially adore the photo shoots that you do and I know that I say that every time but I'll say it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these but especially that first one ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had the most lovely finishes this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Fissures. Jacqie will be teaching a workshop for our local Modern Guild in the next couple of months. Looking forward to taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes. Love the last one. I have her Craftsy class and she demonstrates this method on there. I'm keen to try it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Your bee quilt at the top is such a great example of using value in quilts. Could I have your permission to use it as an example for an upcoming presentation I am putting together for Portland Modern Quilt Guild? All the Best!

    ReplyDelete