Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Zip Beyond

Just two short weeks ago, I was facing the challenge of making my first zip pouch, more than a little awed about putting in that zipper! The pattern I used was this one by Pink Sand Beach Designs. Encouraged by my blogging buddies and this easy-to-follow pattern, I had success in no time - and it was fun!

Fast forward to this week, and I've made two more zippys since, ordered a rainbow of lovely zips,
and took the obvious leap of joining in the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap. What? I know. Here goes!

7 comments:

  1. You're going to be zipping up some Christmas gifts before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Zippers are one of those things that seem so scary until you just give them a try. I'm still working on mastering getting them dead equal in the back of a dress...but pouches I no longer fear!!
    Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see what you come up with for the swap! Your mosaic has some great stuff in it. So glad you have conquered the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think divine intervention partnered us for the solids swap! Are we leading parallel quilting lives? After my first couple of pouches, I too bought a pile of zippers from zipit and then joined the pouch swap. I was thrilled to see my pouch in your mosaic! I hope you get an awesome swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I am so glad you joined in! Maybe next round we both will be in it together! I am biased, but I love your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo - Debbie 2, Zipper 0, never to be defeated by the zipper again! Lovely rainbow of zippers you have on the way too.

    ReplyDelete