Wednesday, February 23, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

Finished Projects
Sadly, nothing. Close, but not quite.

Ongoing projects
Block-a-palooza quilt along
Finished this week’s first block, so now there are nine!



Socken quilt along
Plan to start quilting this any time. . .


Blue table runner
This runner is almost done! I adapted the Hungarian Blue pattern by Clothworks, making five ‘flower’ blocks and two ‘plain.’ The fabric is beautiful. I straight-line quilted it and the binding is nearly done. It’s turned out to be longer than a typical runner (60”), but I think my cousin will like it.


Central Park
Yay! I have cut into my Central Park Layer Cake, using the Geese in the Park pattern by Freckled Whimsy. Basically it is all large flying geese blocks, so should come together fairly quickly. Loving the fabric colors and patterns as I cut into it!


Had my second machine quilting class on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will post more on my progress soon.


Need to do
The last project from the Prairie Women Sewing Circle is still on the list.

Am thinking about what 'stash quilt' I would like to do next . . .

Now head on over to Freshly Pieced to see more great works in progress!

4 comments:

  1. Your Block-A-Palooza blocks look great! I'm so behind because I've been working on a gift. Also I see you got some Central Park! Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to cut into my Central Park layer cake! I'm planning on making the Moda Bake Shop Charmed Stars and Ritzy Cracker patterns with mine. Can't wait to see the Flying Geese! I liked that one too, but had already cut the layer cake into charms :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, I just found you via Freshly Pieced and I'm salivating over your Hungarian Blue table runner. I made a quilt with Hungarian Blue recently for an aunt of mine and now think I should make one for me because I love that blue so much. Your blocks for Blockapalloza looks so very good! I'm along for the ride too but just in the slow lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Geese in the Park pattern, I can see why you're doing that one! And your blue table runner is just gorgeous. Thanks for linking up this week, have a good one! : )

    ReplyDelete